Saturday, April 13, 2024

Dancing (or not) Under the Eclipse

Frankly, I was a little surprised by the response I got to one of my Facebook posts this past week.
photo credit below

It was on Monday, the day of the Solar Eclipse 2024, a day to be remembered forever – or at least until after everyone had posted their photos of the event. 

This is what I said in my post: Contrary to what "someone" said, I did NOT do a pagan dance during the eclipse.

I was being flip, of course, and the post was in response to Mr. Ginley (aka "someone") who sent a text to this effect to our son. I didn't think much about it, but then I started getting a response.

"Why not?" asked Dave, echoed by Sue and Dana.

Rachelle said she was very disappointed in me.

I started to think maybe I do need to loosen up a little. This idea was reinforced when I turned to my "Postcards From Spirit." Now I have to explain this concept. Fashioned like tarot cards, each has a message on it from your spirit guides. You shuffle the deck and pick one. 

Now you're thinking I'm a little wacky (or a lot wacky). Just bear with me.

This is the card I randomly chose: "Are you taking yourself and your problems too seriously?," it began. "Maybe fear of the future is weighing on you. We would like you to take a little break from all that and start having FUN." It suggested I get "loose, silly and goofy," go dancing or watch a comedy. Or touch base with someone who will remind me of "how ridiculous and delightfully giddy you can be."

Well, sure, and now you're saying, "Get over it, Barb, that could apply to anybody. And let's face it, how ridiculous and delightfully giddy have you ever been?"

It's all true, of course. I'm a worry wart from way back, and it's hard for me cut loose, and I certainly don't loosen in public. Which is why I wasn't dancing in my backyard with all the Seniors at the senior housing center watching the eclipse just across my back fence. Although that would certainly have given them something to talk about on their FB pages.

But I digress.

It got me to thinking, and so I made a point of taking a break from my work (in my home office, just me and the cat) and did a little chair dancing. I've been exploring different types of music, so I wasn't just boogying to the Beatles. There's a CD of French music and one with Calypso. And Michael Jackson's greatest hits. (Don't judge.)

It was a nice break, it made me happy and best of all, there were no witnesses.

Now it's your turn!

Photo credit: Paramount Pictures, CC BY 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment