Saturday, October 12, 2024

Chance Encounters

I've always had an active imagination. As a child, I played with my two invisible friends, Becky and Roger. I've no idea where I conjured up their names. But we had some great times together, just the three of us.

I suppose it's my imagination that also feels compelled to make up stories in my head when I chance upon something out of the ordinary. Like Daisy Duck, sitting on a bench in the MetroParks, trying to look nonchalant. 

She could be striking a pose. Or maybe she was dancing with Donald (where did he get off to?) Or perhaps that last cup of coffee was a bit much, and she's just off to the loo. I can certainly relate to that.

I paused to take her photo. She didn't seem to mind the attention. I figure I'm not the only one who wondered how she'd gotten there and if anyone would be back to retrieve her.

I'm not sure what the park's policy is on loitering, but given she's a duck, the rangers will probably give her a pass. 

I hope she finds a new place to hang out before winter arrives. 

Her dress doesn't look all that warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment