Saturday, September 26, 2026

A Letter to Harry


Dear Harry,

Happy Heavenly Birthday! Mr. Ginley is out taking a spin with with his brother, Michael, so I thought I'd take a moment to check in with you.

First and foremost, I want to say how happy I am that you and Ilene came together. In the beforetimes, I could never have imagined what a lifesaver she would become for me in these dark days. Naturally, you know how amazing she is, but I've been fortunate to experience it for myself. 

As for you, Mr. Shapiro, I know you're around. I feel it when I'm working on Wordle in the morning and suddenly the answer to the puzzle pops into my head. 

Your voice comes through loud and clear when I try to use a clever pun at work. I will ponder for about 30 seconds whether to leave it, sense your disapproval, and change it. I know you appreciated my cleverness, but not always in the line of duty. 

The other day, I told Ilene that I just knew you were rolling your eyes when I used the word "nomenclature" in a client meeting. You weren't big on 25-cent words. However, you did teach this pischer a bit of Yiddish now and again. In your honor, I'm including a pic of my coffee cup (below). 

I miss our group brainstorming sessions. I'm pretty sure you would not have been thrilled with the way AI has changed the creative landscape. Hopefully, the pendulum will swing back the other way. There's already a lot of talk of putting the human in AI. I think we should be putting the human back in human.

But I digress.

I hope you're doing well on the other side. Keep sharpening your word skills. Are there things in heaven that need named? (See what I did there?)

Someday, hopefully, we'll be able to brainstorm once more. 

Flower. Rain. Again.

Love,

Babs







No comments:

Post a Comment