Saturday, September 19, 2026

Déjà Vu

I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach when his office told us we had to see the doctor in person to get the results of the most recent round of testing.
"We need to get you out of the house."

So, I had to hire the transport service, and off we went to the urologist's office in Fairview Hospital.

Despite the fact that it's located inside the hospital, and you'd think with all the high-tech whatnots modern hospitals brag about, his office would be ADA compliant. Nope. It's always a struggle wedging Mr. and his wheelchair into the small exam rooms. The only good thing was he didn't have to get up on the table this time. (Our last visit was not fun.)

The upshot is, the tube coming out from his right kidney (where the uber large stone was) is looking a little wonky, and the doctor isn't sure the fluid is draining properly. So Mr. has to go for a test where he's shot up with dye-colored fluid and they take pictures to see how the plumbing is (or isn't) working.

Based on the result of that test, he may need more surgery to clean out the pipe and get things moving again.

Needless to say, we were both pretty low when we came out of the doctor's office. 

I had taken the day off, so I took advantage of the opportunity to drop off more books at Lakewood Library. Then I headed to Heinen's, where I picked up a bag of Ruffles and a slab of tiramisu (aka "dinner.")

Yes, that's how we cope here at the Casa de Ginley, we eat our troubles away.

Otherwise, it was a pretty quiet week. More books have been boxed. We took another trip out last Sunday, and that went well, except for the gully-washer that hit right at the spot we stopped for lunch. We're hoping to venture out again today, weather permitting (or not). 

Thinking about y'all and imagining you living your best lives out there.

Don't let me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment